Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lost Boyz

Well, I haven't blogged in a while.

Its because my computer kinda broke, and then I went kinda insane for a few weeks, then I left town for another week. I guess I'll start at about the beginning of march?


That's the crap my computer got. ^ Don't know how, never dropped it, it ain't old, it just did. Anywaysss I took it some to d-bag computer genius on the island and he told me that I was totally screwed. Said that my 'motherboard' was messed up and might as well just go buy a new mac; said that with labor, installing that part would cost him like $900 (He was wrong).

So that freaked me out. (Thought I lost errrrrrrything!)

Then I went to Disney with the school band. That was cool. Went on some rides. Went backstage (CRAZY). Stole some souvenirs. Stole an arm off a mannequin. Went on a bus home.

Then the next week I went to Columbus, OH + Chicago, IL. That was probably 10 times cooler. I went to an NHL game, had a birthday, went to some thrift stores, got some clothes, got to see my sisters, got to see some gay people, got to touch some dogs. Missed a Toro y Moi show. I read the entirety of A Clockwork Orange in a car. I watched Rupaul's Drag Race for the first time. Also saw the master film that is 'Ghost Dog - Way of the Samurai.' I bought some CD's, including the new TL/Rx, That Nigerian Afrobeat Special everyone's been talking about, the old A Place to Bury Strangers, A Herbie Hancock disc, and the new Oh No Ono, Eggs.

Also, while in Ohio, I took my dead computer to an apple store there (You have to make appointments... that's so weird). Anyways, apparently shit like that happens all the time. They replaced the 'hard drive' not the 'motherboard' for $132 and even my keyboard area on the laptop for free. It works as good as new now. Soooo yeah.

Do yourself a favor and DON'T go to that guy for help. He's either a con man or an idiot.

A few more things to blog about:

TYLERs

My buddy, TYLER G, has a hardcore band called "From Ashes To Empires." They made a CD, and its pretty stellar (I think they spent a lot of money making it, so go ahead and buy one for yourself). The recording quality is top notch!

My other buddy, TYLER W, has got a totally rad solo thing going on called "Phillip Oskar Augustine." He recorded this whole deal in his house! Right on! (Hey man, thanks for the note! When I get all my stuff organized again, I wanna send you some trax...)

Uhm, I gotta play in a play now. (I'm filling in for a dude at the theater this week (The play's FAME) and I still haven't really heard the music... bad thing?)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Blogging moar!

    I'm glad OH brought so much culture to your life: the wisdom of Samurai Forrest Whitaker ("In the words of the ancients, one should make his decision within the space of seven breaths") and RuPaul ("If you don't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?!") will surely stay with you forever.

    Also, when did you touch dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghost Dog is real horrorshow, and Drag Race featured some starry devotchkas (sort of)! Now that you've read the book, Clockwork Orange might have to be the next weird movie I subject you to. Either way, next time we're definitely going to the Blue Dube.

    ReplyDelete